A dog’s life was in danger when he choked, but his owner used the Heimlich Manoeuvre to save him. The owner of the puppy, Louise Davies, acted switly to keep her dog, Angus.
The owner heard a strange noise coming from her dog, then his complexion changed, and became unconscious. Louis recognized the choking signs and acted quickly to save her dog.
The owner’s life-saving re-action
The Heimlich technique was still fresh in her mind after attending a first aid course recently, and the training would help to save the puppy. Louis’s heart was in her mouth, but the training kicked in as she went to the dog’s rescue.
The incident worried her because Angus couldn’t breathe at all. But she acted immediately and saved the dog by applying the Heimlich Manoeuvre technique.
She checked her puppy’s mouth but found nothing. She quickly dragged him towards her direction and after her first trial, there wasn’t any sign of breathing, but she repeated for the second time, and it worked perfectly.
Louise said that there wasn’t anything coming out of his dog’s mouth as he swallowed it down his stomach.
The dog liked eating the sofa and might be the reason he choked. The owner promised to keep the dog away from the living room because of destroying the couches, which ended up choking him.
Louise was thankful for her training course because it helped her to save her puppy’s life.
Animal specialists said that there are two essential techniques one can use to save a choked dog, the Heimlich Manoeuvre and CPR method.
Furthermore, they advised people to use Heimlich Manoeuvre whenever a dog chokes on foreign materials. However, the method can cause more injuries to the animal, and thus a person should undergo professional training to avoid danger.
Source: Lee Mclean